Learn how to make cool abstract art using bubbles! It’s a great project for doing outside in the summer!
Before You Start
Do not drink the bubble mixture! Have adult supervision for younger ages.
This project might get messy so make sure you are prepared.
-tempera or fluid acrylic paint or food colouring
-paper. Thicker paper will work best to avoid bucking of the paper but printer paper works as well.
-pens, markers (optional)
1. For the bubble paint mixture I started off with:
1 part dish soap
1-2 parts water
4 parts paint
Use a stick or paint brush to stir everything together in a cup.
*You will have to adjust the ratio depending on how opaque your paint is. So you might need more or less paint, more or less water, etc. Just play around and do some tests on scrap paper!*
2. Put your straw in your cup and start blowing bubbles.
3. Place your paper on top of the bubbles pushing down. Lift up and off.
4. Continue doing this until you are happy with your results! Try different colours or different sizes of paper. Let them dry completely.
5. When they’re completely dry you can leave them as is or you can draw on them with pens or markers!
You can turn them into bookmarks, gift tags, or cards.