Learn how to make this easy pop up card that adds an extra touch to special occasions!
-markers, crayons, or pencils to decorate with
1. Fold paper in half to make a card. You can cut it down to the size you want. This card is 4 inches high by 5.5 inches long.
Using scissors, make two short cuts along the fold with a bit of space in between them. These will act as our “stand” for our images later. You can make more than one on each card. This card has two stands.
2. Open up the card and use your finger to push the tabs in.
Fold the card down to align the creases.
When you open it back up, it should look like this.
3. Cut out another piece of coloured paper the same size as the card. Glue it onto the outside of the card.
4. Draw and cut out any designs/objects you would like to put in the card. For example you can draw a cake if you’re going for a birthday theme. Make sure they fit your card and stand.
5. Glue them onto the stands.
Add finals touches and you’re done! The background is done using the watercolour using markers technique. The tutorial can be found here.
Learn how to make your own envelope here.