Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this easy, colourful dot art painting using materials you already have at home!
-cotton swabs or eraser end of a pencil to make dots
1. Draw or print out a shamrock shape. Cut the shape out.
2. Put tape on the back of the shamrock and stick it onto paper. We will take the shamrock off when the painting is done.
3. Get your paint ready. Choose any colours you would like. A little goes a long way for this project so only a little will do!
4. Dip a cotton swab or eraser end of a pencil into the paint and start making dots on the paper like a stamp, press and release in a vertical motion. It is okay to dot on top of your shamrock shape. We are using the shape as a mask so when we take the shape off later, we will be left with a nice crisp shape of a shamrock.
Make sure to keep your dots closer together near the shape. If your dots are too far apart closest to where your shape is, then it will be hard to discern the shamrock shape after. If that happens, you can always go in with more dots.
5. When you are done dotting, let it dry, and then carefully peel off the shamrock.
6. Feel free to add any details like text or decorations.