-watercolour paper, wet media paper
1. Cut out a small section from a piece of watercolour paper for your bookmark. Tape down the edges of the bookmark so create a nice border and so that the watercolour doesn’t seep under and warp the paper.
2. Dip your brush in water and apply a thin layer all over the bookmark. This is a watercolour technique called “wet on wet”. It is when we apply watercolour when the paper is wet and it creates a soft, blended look.
3. Choose one colour and apply it to where you would like. The wet paper will help the paint flow across the paper. Remember to do this quick before the paper gets dry! If it gets dry just re-wet the paper again.
4. Continue this with 2-3 more colours. Using too many colours will make the painting muddy. Let dry before moving on.
5. Now we will begin painting the tree. Using black, paint a thick line for the trunk in the middle of the page. Make different sized lines coming off of the trunk for branches. Continue until the tree is full.
Add some grass and final details annnnd you’re done!