Painting by Candice Grosenick
-acrylic paint: blue, black, yellow, red
-water container and rags/paper towel
-canvas or painting surface
Tips and Tricks!
-blending is easier when the paint is wet
-use tip of round brush to make thin lines for branches
-use the end of the brush like a stamp dipped into paint to make tiny dots for stars
-you can easily paint over mistakes! Just make sure the paint is dry first.
1. Trace a circular object for the moon. Using a flat brush, mix a small amount of black with blue to make dark blue for the sky.
2. Fill in the moon with yellow. Mix yellow with a small amount of red to make an orange for shading.
3. Make small circles for craters. Mix in more red to deepen the orange colour.
4. Paint one thick line across the painting for a tree branch. Paint thinner lines coming out of it for branches. The less pressure you apply to the tip of the brush, the thinner the lines will be!
5. Paint a round rectangle shape on the branch. Add a half circle for the head. A triangle shape for the beak. Fill in with black. Add thin lines for the tail feathers and leg.
6. Make tiny yellow dots for stars. You can use the back of your paint brush like a stamp to make dots. And you’re done!