-acrylic or watercolour paint
-coloured tissue paper
-thick paper like cardstock to paint on
-smaller piece of cardstock for making plant pot
-green construction paper
– 2-3 cotton balls or piece of sponge
-pencil with eraser on top
-markers or crayons for drawing
-cup of water
1. Get your paint ready on a pallet. Tape edges of paper down onto table or board. This will keep it from buckling. Dip one cotton ball into water, squeeze out excess water and wet the entire paper.
2. Clip another cotton ball in a clothes pin. Dip it into paint and dab it around the paper making a background. Do this while the paper is still wet so the colours can blend together. If you find that the paper is getting dry, re-wet the paper. When done, let dry.
3. Trace your hand onto green paper and cut it out. Use markers or crayons to draw spikes.
4. Paint a smaller piece of cardstock the same way you did for the background. Fold in half. Draw half a plant pot shape on the back. Make sure it is big enough to fit the hand cactus. Cut it out.
5. Glue all the pieces onto the background.
6. Cut tissue paper into small squares. Wrap a square around the eraser of a pencil. Dip the end into some glue. Stamp the tissue paper onto the cactus. This will make flowers! You can layer different colours together.
And you’re done!