Learn how to make this beautiful, calming mountain painting!
Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggMwxygGNSM
-acrylic paint: white, black, and one colour of your choice
-one large flat brush, one small flat brush, one round brush
-painting surface like paper or canvas
-rag/paper towel, container of water
Tips and Tricks
-for this painting we will be using a monochromatic colour scheme. We will be using one colour and making its tints and shades. A tint is a colour mixed with white. A shade is a colour mixed with black. If you find it helpful, you can practice making tints and shades before you start.
-let the mountain layers dry in between
- Mix a small amount purple (or any colour of your choice) with white paint to make a light purple.
2. Let the first set of mountains dry. Then add more purple to the paint to make it slightly darker and paint a second layer of mountains.
3. Continue doing the same for the rest of the painting.
4. When the paint is dry, use a small flat brush turned to its side to make a thin line. This will be the trunk for the pine tree. Apply the least amount of pressure to get a thin line.
5. Next, turn the brush back around and make horizontal lines using a stamping motion to make the branches.
6. Continue to fill in the painting with as many trees as you’d like. Let it dry and you’re done!