Learn how to make these adorable egg carton flowers for Mother’s Day!
-acrylic or tempura paint, or markers for colouring
-glue (preferably tacky glue or hot glue)
-cardstock, cardboard, or canvas for a background
-crafty items like cardboard rolls, buttons, ribbon, glitter, etc. (optional)
1. Cut out 3-5 egg cartons depending on how many flowers you want to make. This part can be a bit tricky as the cartons are quite thick. Ask for adult assistance if needed!
2. Cut 4 slits on the carton. Make sure they are equal distance apart.
3. Using scissors, round the top edges to create a petal shape.
4. Paint or colour your egg cartons!
5. While your cartons are drying, you can colour a background for the flowers. This can be on cardstock or even canvas.
6. Once everything is dry, arrange the flowers to your liking on the background. Then glue the cartons down. Add on any crafty items like pipe cleaner stems, paper leaves, or pom poms!
7. This is optional but if you’d like to make a vase, cut a cardboard roll in half. Colour it and let it dry. Then fold in the sides a bit to create tabs for gluing. Apply glue to the tabs and stick it onto the background.
8. And you’re done! Gift it to your mom or anyone special in your life!