-glue or tape
-paint, markers, crayons or anything to colour with
-craft knife (Please be careful when using sharp objects! Ask for help if you need it!)
1. With a craft knife, cut a straight line on the plate about half way down. Make sure not to cut all the way through the plate. Leave a bit of space at the ends.
2. We will draw or paint a background on the plate, so on cardstock you will draw something to go with the background. Here I am drawing a monkey to go with a jungle background.
3. Cut the monkey out. Tape or glue a popsicle stick onto the back.
4. Colour in the background. Here is the painted jungle scene.
5. Once the paint is dry, slide the stick into the cut we made earlier.
6. With one hand, hold the plate. With the other hand, slide the stick around to make the puppet move!