This penguin has a bit of everything; paper crafting and cutting, watercolour painting, acrylic painting, drawing, collage elements and even glitter if you’d like!
-plain white paper, preferably a heavier paper such as cardstock or watercolour paper
-orange paper for the beak. If you don’t have orange paper, you can colour white paper orange.
-coloured paper for background
-watercolour paint and brush
-container of water and rag/paper towel
-white paint, acrylic or tempera
1. Draw and cut out a half oval shape out of black paper for the penguin body.
Do the same with white paper for the penguin’s belly. Note that the white oval will be slightly smaller.
Cut two white circles for the eyes.
Glue all the pieces together onto a background paper.
2. Cut out a long rectangle and paint it with watercolour paint. Do the same thing for the ear muffs. I painted a scrap piece of paper, let it dry and cut out two ovals for the ear muffs.
3. Glue the pieces onto the penguin.
4. Use a marker to draw in the eyes and connect the ear muffs together. Cut and glue a triangle shape for the beak.
5. Use a cotton swab to dip into white paint and dot it around the paper for snow.
6. Add glitter or other decorations if you’d like.
And you’re done!