Learn how to fold colourful lucky stars and turn them into a garland for Pride month!
Watch the YouTube video tutorial! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjiPXCTmv-4
-coloured paper strips that measure 1.5 inch by 12 inches. Thin paper will work the best. Using thicker paper like cardstock or thick construction paper will cause creasing and will make it harder to fold and pinch the stars.
-thread and needle
-(optional) beads or pom poms
1. Cut paper into 1.5 inch by 12 inch strips. You can use a ruler and pencil to measure. Cut with scissors. You can cut as many strips as you’d like.
2. To fold the star, tie the paper strip into a single knot. Use your fingers to push and pull the paper gently so that you have a short tail and long tail.
3. Flatten. It should look like a pentagon shape. Rip or trim off the excess tail and fold it inwards.
4. Wrap the long end of the paper around the the sides of the pentagon shape. When you’re wrapping the paper around, make sure not to apply too much pressure and flatten the paper too much. This will make it harder to pinch the star later!
When you reach the end of the paper, tuck it into one of the folds. Trim the end if it’s too long.
5. Using your index finger and thumb, gently pinch in between each of the points.
6. Continue folding more paper stars.
7. Thread the needle and tie a knot at the end. Thread on the stars. For this garland I am threading the stars on in rainbow order for the Pride flag. During this step, you can thread on other things like beads or pom poms if you’d like!
Once all the stars are threaded, tie a knot at the end.
8. Hang it up and you’re done! Have a safe and wonderful, loving Pride month!