Learn how to make a fun pinwheel craft that spins in the wind!
-pencil with an eraser on top
-markers or crayons for decorating
1. Cut out a square piece of paper. This measures 4 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.
2. Draw 2 inch lines from each corner. To get even lines, place your ruler across from each point and use a pencil to make a line. Then you can go back to fix them if needed.
3. Decorate! You can decorate both sides if you’d like.
5. Cut along the lines.
6. Using the sewing pin, poke a hole in the middle of the paper.
**Please get an adult to assist you if needed! Be careful!**
7. Then poke a hole in every other corner. See the red dots in the photo below.
8. Feed the corner holes through the sewing pin consecutively. Make sure not to press down on the corners, creasing them. They should be like loops.
9. Then push the sewing pin through the middle hole.
10. Slide the bead on.
11. Using pliers and leaving a space between the bead, bend the pin into a 90 degree angle. Get an adult to assist you if needed.
12. Push the pin into the pencil eraser. Use pliers to help you.
13. And you’re done!