Celebrate Easter by creating a festive recycled bunny using a cereal box and newspaper or magazines!
-cardboard, card stock. Cereal boxes work great!
-newspaper, magazines, scrap paper
1. Draw a bunny shape on your cardboard. Start with a big circle near the bottom. Draw two long ovals on top for the ears. Cut it out.
2. Cut newspaper or magazines into long strips.
3. Glue the strips of paper across the cardboard bunny. Continue doing this until you have covered the whole thing.
4. When you are done gluing the strips on, turn the bunny around. Cut around the bunny to trim off the extra paper with scissors.
5. To make the paper bow tie, cut out a strip of paper. Fold the paper in half and cut it down the middle to get two pieces.
Put a bit of glue on one end of the paper and glue both ends together.
You should end up with a rain drop shape! Continue doing this with the other piece of paper.
6. Glue the two rain drop pieces together in the middle.
Cut out a shorter piece of paper for the middle of the bow. It should wrap around to the back. Glue it the the middle.
Glue the bow tie to the bunny and you’re done!
You can glue it to a canvas and hang it on your wall or attach a string and hang it on your door!
Have a Hoppy Easter!