Nothing screams summer than, well, weeds. But, there is nothing like the whimsical charm of making wishes on dandelions ready to take flight. This simple fun painting will get you in the cheery summer mood!
-Acrylic or tempera paint
-Paint palette (plastic lids or plates)
-Black marker or pen
-Any object that has a small round end (cotton swabs, pencil eraser)
-Paper or canvas
- Start by drawing a circle in pencil on your paper.
2. Draw lines extending from the outside of the circle. Make a small rain or tear drop shape on the end of the line to represent the seed. The lines don’t have to be perfectly straight.
Continue making lines around the circle until you end up with a decent amount. About 15-25 lines.
3. Now that we have our lines drawn out, we will add shorter lines using the same method between the longer lines. This adds more volume and fullness. You don’t have to go in between every single line, just every second or third line. Add a stem to finish the sketch.
4. Outline all the pencil with a black marker or pen. Erase the pencil lines.
5. Pick out 3-5 colours of acrylic paint and place it onto your palette. Using a cotton swab or the eraser on the end of pencil, dip it into your paint and dab off the excess on your palette. Keep the dots on the outer half of the dandelion.
Keep adding dots with different colours until you are happy with the result. Add some dots around the dandelion to show that fluffy seeds are blowing in the wind!
You are done! You can experiment with colour combinations, different sized dots, or even do it on darker paper.
Happy painting, folks! Hopefully this project will make all your wishes come true!